Sunday, June 15, 2008

GRADUATION DAY!!!


Yesterday ended a very long four year process. Yesterday my husband graduated from seminary! Whoo hoo! He still isn't totally finished with the work (sigh) but over the next few weeks we hope to begin to recover. This past year as he did an internship, pastored the church, and took two classes each quarter has been especially CRAZY!!! I don't know how he survived on so little sleep.

MANY people told ME congratulations at the ceremony which I at first thought strange. It was nice to be recognized for all the work though that I did behind the scenes while he studied. I was more than happy to do things for him and to basically become a single parent for a while. What I have come to see though is that when it came to nuturing his soul, I failed many times. What is my problem! I "get it" when it comes to nuturing my kids. When it comes to my husband I either don't see what needs to be done or said or I choose to not do it anyway. I haven't come to any great ideas about why it happened, but over the next few weeks I am really going to try and make an effort to be affectionate and intentional in caring for more than just his physical needs. God help me because I have never been good at that!

1 comment:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

CONGRATULATIONS to your sweet hubby -- and yes, to you too. Getting a graduate degree while working and raising a family always demands joint effort. I'm so proud of you both for making it through the last few years.

As for the other part of this post -- I'll pray for you, my friend. It's times like this that I miss being able to meet in a church hallway every Sunday morning to pray for our marriages, yes? But the prayers still count, whether we are together or apart.